MILAN – This afternoon, the FIGC made the official announcement that the U19 Women’s division and various other leagues and competitions organised by the Federation’s Youth and Education Sector have been suspended for the 2019/20 season.
The Italian Football Federation released the following statement:
- the Prime Minister’s Decree from 10 April 2020 concerning “urgent measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 throughout Italy”;
- the uncertain situation resulting from the COVID-19 epidemiological emergency;
- the deadline set for 30 June 2020 to complete the season and the challenges involved in finishing planned competitive youth activities;
- the need to safeguard the health of all youth members;
- that it has been deemed appropriate to definitively suspend youth divisions organised by the Women’s Football Division and the Youth and Education Sector for the 2019/20 season;
- Article 24 of the Federal Statute;
- the agreement of the Federation’s Vice-Presidents
the FIGC President can confirm that
the Primavera Women’s League organised by the Women’s Football Division has been suspended, as have the following youth leagues and competitions organised by the Youth and Education Sector for the 2019/20 season:
- Under 18 Serie A and B, Under 17 Serie A and B, Under 17 Serie C, Under 16 Serie A and B, Under 16 Serie C, Under 15 Serie A and B, and Under 15 Serie C;
- the Under 14 PRO and Under 13 PRO interregional and final phases;
- the preliminary and final phases of the Under 17 and Under 15 divisions;
- the preliminary and final phases of the Under 17 and Under 15 five-a-side divisions
- the interregional and final phases of the Women’s Under 17 and Under 15 divisions.